Repairing Metal Slug X
This guide is for repairing Metal Slug X carts with dead Altera MAX chips. Either the game ROMs can be transferred to a PROGBK1 or the dead MAX chip can be removed from the PROGEOP. Both methods need a hacked ROM which is linked at the bottom of this page.
A. Using donor PROGBK1
- Set jumpers correctly on BK1 board using this as reference: 
- Move all ROMs from the EOP (except for P1) to the corresponding places on the BK1
- Replace the BK1 P1 with a 27C800 containing the hacked ROM image
B. Fixing the PROGEOP
- remove MAX
- replace P1 with hacked ROM on 27C800
- patch D0-D7, /E /G etc.
- get ls74 and ls08 hooked up
- get ls139 hooked up for V ROMs
- whatever else, lots more to do compared to BK1 donor swap
Download and burn to 27C800: