The NeoGeo Development Wiki
This wiki is about every technical aspects of the SNK NeoGeo hardware and software (AES, MVS, CD and CDZ).
Our aim is to provide the most detailed, accurate and up to date information for preservation, homebrew development and repairs.
What's common to every NeoGeo system: main architecture, data formats...
How graphics are handled and displayed, from bitplanes and colors to the video output.
Everything related to music and sound effects: The Z80 subsystem, synthesized and sampled sound, CDDA playback...
Troubleshooting dead or glitchy MVS boards, CD laser assemblies, cartridges...
Particularities of the AES and MVS systems: ROM types, memory cards, cab I/O, data security... Also cartridge boards information.
NeoGeo CD and CDZ specificities: Differences and limitations, new memory functions, CDDA...
Code snippets, register definitions, guides on how to display stuff, use the system ROM, play music and sounds, read user input...
What makes everything work (or not). Schematics, chip pinouts and functions, troubleshooting hardware issues...
17 October 2018
(Upload log) . .
15 October 2018
About this wiki
- The wiki has 551 pages thanks to our contributors
- Hosting provided by ElBarto
- Don't know where to start ? Try here
- Can't find what you're looking for ? Try our links
- Want to help ? Just register or join us on IRC ! [Freenode #neogeodev]
- How to edit, guidelines, available templates, suggestions: The wiki