Jump to navigation Jump to search
|First use||1994 ?|
|Used on||CDROM-2 board, MV1A...|
Multi-purpose chip found in CD systems and some late MVS boards:
- NEO-MGA in the CD1 model (front loading).
- NEO-MGA-T in the CD2 model (top loading) and MV1A MVS boards, can be swapped with NEO-MGA.
- NEO-MGA2-SA in the CDZ, replaces the LC8953 ?
It is used for address decoding, communication with the CD drive, for refreshing 68k DRAM, and for buffering serial CDDA data.
Pin 93: GND !
- DRM*, RAS, CAS, WRITE: See TC514400 DRAM datasheet.
- X*: See LC8953 datasheet.