A shot factory is the common name given to small utilities sometimes found in emulators, which gives the user the ability to see informations about sprites and individually hide them.
Kawaks's shot factory
Shows a list of current active sprites (ones who have a non-zero size), their number, their corresponding 3 attribute words, and the tile number for the first tile.
Sprite blocks are grouped and can't be separated, only the driving sprite is shown in the list.
Also allows disabling of the fix layer.
Nebula's shot factory
The most advanced shot factory.
- Shows a full map of which of the 384 sprites are used (colored cell) and if they're driving (red) or driven (green).
- Each sprite can be individually hidden, as well as the entire fix layer.
- The position and shrinking attributes for each sprites can also be edited.
- The background color can be chosen to ease cutouts based on color keying.
- The tile list for each sprite doesn't seem to work as of version 2.25b.