Make sure to use the appropriate gauge when patching power traces, AWG 35 won't allow 1 amp for long...
- "Kynar" wire: Great. Get a good quality spool (high-temperature plastic).
- Magnet wire: Good, easy to salvage but can be hard to solder.
- Telephone wire: Can do the job for a few traces, but very rigid (and ugly).
- Paper clip: No.
- Tape: If temporary, why not. Might leave sticky residue.
- Hot glue: Good, just don't make a mess and don't apply it to chip pins.
- Nail varnish: Good, can take a while to dry. Easily removed with acetone.
- Random glue: No, probably won't stick or will stick too much. Can also eat the board up.
- Epoxy glue: NO. NEVER.