The YM3016 is a floating point, 16bit stereo Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) made to work with the YM2610.
Both chips were made separately to avoid parasitic noise.
File:Ym3016.odg Todo: TOBUF is an output.
- SD: Serial Data input from YM2610
- CLK: Serial clock input from YM2610
- FORM: Format selected (binary or 2's complement), always tied to VCC in NeoGeo systems
- SMP1 & SMP2: Alternating clocks for the L/R sample-and-hold circuits, comes from the YM2610
- ICL: ? Always tied to VCC
- CH1 & CH2: Left and right audio outputs
- COM: Common input for both sample-and-hold circuits (L/R demux)
- TOBUF: Output to analog buffer for COM
- RB: Bias voltage output ?