Multiplayer extension board (only ?) used with Kizuna Encounter - Super Tag Battle to allow 4 players to play on the same MVS board. It forms a Y splitter with 2 JAMMA edges to connect two monitors, two pair of speakers and two 2-player controls.
It multiplexes the inputs from both JAMMA edges and the selection signals from a 4-wire (actually 3 used) cable that connects to the output port of the MV1B or MV1C, it also provides analog buffering for the video signals and power for the speakers (amp under the heatsink).
When OUT1 is low:
- P1 reads EDGE 1 (right), player 1
- P2 reads EDGE 2 (left), player 1
Whe OUT1 is high:
- P1 reads EDGE 1 (right), player 2
- P2 reads EDGE 2 (left), player 2
When OUT3 is high:
- EDGE 1 player 1 button A is pressed
- EDGE 2 player 1 button A is pressed
- EDGE 1 player 2 button B is pressed
- EDGE 2 player 2 button B is pressed
The AD8044 is a quadruple rail to rail op-amp with 150MHz bandwidth.